Upon completion of a fusing workshop, you are eligible to use our studio facilities to create personal work. It is helpful to have a design in mind, as well as the number of pieces you intend to make. We sell a wide range of Bullseye glass, as well as dichroic glass (CBS) and we have a a huge selection of molds for slumping as well.
Open studio hire is ongoing, please contact us to schedule time frame.
• Basic rate of $5.00/hour studio time includes basic tools, safety glasses and workbench space.
• Bullseye glass for project/depends on glass chosen
• Firing fee
Firing fees (per 24 hour period)
• Kiln #1 (36cm x 41.5 cm shelf) $40.00
• Kiln #2 (51cm x 51 cm shelf) $45.00
• Kiln #3 – Bathtub (58.5cm x 61 cm plus end bits) $60.00
• Flatbed (96.5 cm x 235 cm) $195.00
Coldworking studio access $25.00/hour
(With ½ hour minimum)
Kilnforming Open Studio Rules
• Projects must be composed entirely of Bullseye glass, purchased from our studio
• When designing your pieces factor in our shelf dimensions plus a ½ in. distance between your piece and the shelf edge, in all directions
• Choose slumping molds before designing your pieces
• Wear appropriate safety gear at all times
• Clean up all work areas after use
Although all care will be taken with kiln programming, BeachGecko Glass takes no responsibility for breakage or unforseen results.